Resources for Low-income Taxpayers in Georgia
|Other Tax Resources (Links) - check back often!|
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Georgia - http://www.cccservices.com/OfficeLocator.html . CCCS has been providing professional financial counseling and education since 1968. Whether you're looking for debt counseling, are a current CCCS client, or just surfing for helpful tips on credit & budgeting issues, CCCS can help. Call to learn how we can help you. 1-877-ASK-CCCS.
- Protect Your Refund! - A Warning! Think first about that "Refund Anticipation Loan"! READ this article for consumers.
- Credit Union Locator - http://www.gcua.org/georgiacus/directory.html
In order to receive your tax refund in as little as 8 days, you must have an account at a bank or credit union. To find a credit union near you, go to this website. Start to build savings by electronically depositing your tax refund into a savings account, and leaving it there!
- Understanding Direct Deposit - http://www.directdeposit.org/ddcons1.html
Millions of taxpayers now use Direct Deposit to receive their tax refunds more quickly. According to the Internal Revenue Service refunds take an average of 14 days, less than half the time it takes to receive a refund from a paper return, when taxpayers file electronically and ask for Direct Deposit. Before you make the decision to sign up for Direct Deposit, you should know the basics. Explore this website to find out about the benefits of using Direct Deposit and get answers to the most commonly asked questions.
- Georgia Legal Services Program --http://www.glsp.org
- Contact a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic in Georgia - http://www.irs.gov/advocate/article/0,,id=128780,00.html
- LegalAid-Georgia - http://www.georgialegalaid.org
georgialegalaid.org is a Web site that contains legal information and community resources on a variety of legal topics, including: consumer, disability, employment, families and children, health, housing, public benefits, and seniors. MontanaLawHelp.org also provides referrals to free and low-cost local attorneys, contact information for local community resources, and information about the courts that are located in your community.
- Tax Help Under Construction. Please check back.
Last Review and Update: Jan 03, 2008