Name Change Self-Help Packet: Change the Name of a Minor Child or Children

Authored By: Georgia Legal Services Program® LSC Funded


Print out each of these forms after you type in the answers in each form.

Use these forms if you are an adult and would like to change the name of your minor child or children.

Some courts in Georgia may require different or additional forms.  Some courts may ask for specific language or words not used on these forms.

These forms are "fillable" PDF forms.  You cannot save anything you type on the forms.  You must print them out when you finish typing.

After you fill these out, you should speak with a lawyer before you file these papers. Only a lawyer can tell you how to fill out these forms.  Do not pay for help from someone who is not a lawyer.


A -- Petition for Name Change for a Child
B -- Verification - Name Change for a Child
C -- Notice - Name Change for a Child
D -- Rule Nisi
E -- Objections - Name Change for a Child
F -- Order - Name Change for a Child

Last Review and Update: Sep 30, 2013