FAQ - Administrative Hearings on Food Stamps (SNAP), Unemployment Insurance, TANF or Medicaid

Authored By: Office of State Administrative Hearings

If you file an appeal about your food stamps (SNAP), Medicaid, TANF or unemployment insurance, you may have an "administrative hearing." This is like a hearing in court. But a court has higher standards of evidence and higher standards of proof. Your hearing may be at a state office location or by telephone. You can have witnesses and tell your story. This FAQ contains general answers to questions that you may have about your administrative law case.

Last Review and Update: Sep 17, 2013