Covid-19 Georgia Court Closures
Authored By: Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
On March 14, the Georgia Supreme Court issued a statewide judicial emergency.
This means that all Georgia Courts will be stopping all but "essential functions."
Essential functions include:
- where there is an immediate liberty or safety concern;
- criminal court search warrants, arrest warrants, initial appearances, and bond reviews;
- domestic abuse temporary protective orders and restraining orders;
- juvenile court delinquency detention hearings and emergency removal matters; and
- mental health commitment hearings.
If you have an ongoing court case in a Georgia State court, contact the court where your case was filed to find out the status of your case. Hearings, filing deadlines, and more May be postponed. Learn more at GeorgiaLegalAid.org