Public Benefits in Georgia
- Getting and keeping public benefits can be challenging. This site provides important tips that can help.
- It is important to stay in touch with your DFCS office about your case. Here are some ways to stay in touch:
- Call 1-877-423-4746 for automated information
- Call 404-463-0039 to speak to a person (long wait times)
- Fax 1-888-740-9355
- Go online to gateway.ga.gov
- Go to your local DFCS office and ask to speak with someone in-person
Food StampsView all
- Papers You Need to Apply for Medicaid (or PeachCare)
- What should I know about Health Insurance Marketplace plan savings?
- What should I know about Medicaid?
- What should I know about Medicare?
- What should I know about PeachCare for Kids?
- Can I Get Social Security Benefits If I Am Not a Citizen of the United States?
- Do You Have Student Loans and You're Receiving Social Security Benefits?
- What should I know about Social Security benefits?
- What should I know about Social Security benefits for children?
- What should I know about Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
Free Legal Help With Appeals or Disability Access
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To apply call (404) 524-5811 or apply online
- Georgia Legal Services
(404) 206-5175 or toll free 1-800-498-9469 or apply online
- Georgia Senior Legal Hotline
(404) 657-9915 or toll free 1-888-257-9519
Free Help With Applications
- 1-877-957-SNAP (7627)
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- 404-832-4979 ext 1
Center for Pan Asian Community Services
- Ga Relay 1-800-255-0135
Free Help With Food