Filter By:


After A Disaster (8)+

Legal Services (1)+

Loans (3)+

  • Emergency Loan Program

    USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides emergency loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine. Content Detail

    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Fact Sheet about Small Business Administration Disaster Loans

    In the wake of hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, wildfires, tornados and other physical disasters, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) plays a major role. SBA's disaster loans are the primary form of Federal assistance for nonfarm, private sector disaster losses. For this reason, the disaster loan program is the only form of SBA assistance not limited to small businesses. Disaster loans from SBA help homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and nonprofit organizations fund rebuilding. SBA's disaster loans are a critical source of economic stimulation in disaster ravaged communities, helping to spur employment and stabilize tax bases. Read More

    Small Business Administration
  • Financial Help After a Disaster for Older Georgians

    If you are an older person who has been affected by a disaster, health problems or a limited income may make it more difficult for you to recover. Three Federal agencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Administration on Aging (AoA) are working together to assist you. Read More

    Federal Emergency Management Agency, Agencies on Aging, Small Business Administration

Other Information (2)+

Rights in A Disaster Situation (1)+

Taxes (1)+

  • Tax Relief in Disaster Situations

    Special tax law provisions may help taxpayers recover financially from the impact of a disaster, especially when the President declares their location to be a major disaster area. Depending on the circumstances, the IRS may grant additional time to file returns and pay taxes. Both individuals and businesses in a presidentially-declared disaster area can get a faster refund by claiming losses related to the disaster on the tax return for the previous year, usually by filing an amended return. Content Detail

    Internal Revenue Service