- Foreclosure is a legal process that allows your lender to sell your house and use the money to pay back the loan.
- Georgia is a non - judicial foreclosure state. To foreclose, the lender only has follow special rules to notify you.
- Foreclosure is not the same as eviction. You cannot be evicted until after the foreclosure sale. You don’t have to leave your house until you are legally evicted.
For an accessible version of this video content, you can read the video transcript.
To Seek Legal Help
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To apply call (404) 524-5811, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm
Home Defense Program
Georgia Legal Services
(404) 206-5175 or toll free 1-800-498-9469
Georgia Senior Legal Hotline
(404) 657-9915 or toll free 1-888-257-9519
Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
To apply call (404) 521-0790, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 1 pm
Court Self Help Resources
Fulton County Residents
Visit the Self Help Center at the Fulton County State & Magistrate or call (404) 613-4116