- Landlords and tenants each have rights and responsibilities.
- Landlords must make repairs and keep the property in good condition.
- Tenants must pay rent and follow other terms of the lease.
- A landlord can ask for a court order to evict a tenant.
- Landlords may not evict a tenant without a court order.
For an accessible version of this video content, you can read the video transcript.
These guides will help you troubleshoot your landlord tenant problems, answer eviction lawsuits and find help. Information in these guides are only for use in Georgia. More
Watch Our Videos
Watch online videos about Eviction for renters in Georgia
Eviction - Know Your Rights
To Seek Legal Help
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To apply call (404) 524-5811, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm
Georgia Legal Services
(404) 206-5175 or toll free 1-800-498-9469
Georgia Senior Legal Hotline
(404) 657-9915 or toll free 1-888-257-9519
Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
To apply call (404) 521-0790, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 1 pm
Court Self Help Resources
Fulton County Residents
Visit the Self Help Center at the Fulton County State & Magistrate or call (404) 613-4116
For more resources
Go to our Help With Your Eviction Problem page