- Foreclosure is a legal process that allows your lender to sell your house and use the money to pay back the loan.
- Georgia is a non - judicial foreclosure state. To foreclose, the lender only has follow special rules to notify you.
- Foreclosure is not the same as eviction. You cannot be evicted until after the foreclosure sale. You don’t have to leave your house until you are legally evicted.
Find help with foreclosure problems, including help with Expenses, Housing Counseling, and Legal Help.
Special Info for Renters!
Fulton County Residents!
Visit the Self Help Center at the Fulton County State & Magistrate or call (404) 613-4116
- Public Access Terminals
- Self-Help Videos
- Landlord/Tenant Attorney Counsultation
- Legal Forms
- Legal Research & Reference Materials
- Foreign Language Services
- Referral Services
Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
To apply call (404) 521-0790, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 1 pm
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To apply call (404) 524-5811, Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm
The Georgia Law Center for the Homeless
To apply call (404) 681-0680, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday